XAML Spy 3 | XAML Spy 2 | XAML Spy 1
Version 2.10.0 - January 2016 Update
This is the January 2016 Update of XAML Spy 2, released on January 19, 2015.
- Fixed an exception when using HashSet in Silverlight
- Fixed deadlock when rewriting Silverlight XAP packages in the XAML Spy Browser
Version 2.9.0 - November 2015 Update
This is the November 2015 Update of XAML Spy, released on November 23, 2015.
- Fixed a NullReferenceException when accessing window Dispatcher while parsing XAML at startup
- Fixed a duplicate attribute exception when generating XAML for 3rd party controls
Version 2.8.0 - July 2015 Update
This is the July 2015 Update of XAML Spy, released on July 30, 2015.
- Added support for Windows 10 Universal apps created with the Windows 10 SDK
- Fixed an issue where XAML Spy fails to connect to WPF apps targetting .NET 4.6
Version 2.7.1 - May 2015 Update
This is the May 2015 Update of XAML Spy, released on May 20, 2015.
- Fixed the XAML decorator emitting XAML that causes other XAML processors to work incorrectly. XML start tags are now positioned at their original locations
Version 2.7.0 - March 2015 Update
This is the March 2015 Update of XAML Spy, released on March 25, 2015.
- Added full support for Windows 10 Universal Application Platform
- Added support for WPF apps targetting .NET 4.6
- Fixed a bug where Windows 8.1 apps running on Windows 10 display Popups incorrectly in the visual tree
Version 2.6.0 - January 2015 Update
This is the January 2015 Update of XAML Spy, released on January 20, 2015.
- Fixed reflection type load exceptions in xaml app domain
- Addressed an unhandled exception when insufficient permissions to save licenses to disk
- Added support for Visual Studio 2015 (no more references to VS "14")
- Binaries signed with new codesign certificate
Version 2.5.0 - October 2014 Update
This is the October 2014 Update of XAML Spy, released on October 25, 2014.
- Added support for Visual Studio "14"
- Added support for WPF apps targetting .NET 4.5.3
- Fixed an installer issue where the XamlSpySvc prevents XamlSpy from installing
- Fixed an issue where key events in WinRT apps are incorrectly handled by XAML Spy
Version 2.4.0 - September 2014 Update
This is the September 2014 Update of XAML Spy, released on September 5, 2014.
- Added support for WPF apps targetting .NET 4.5.2
- Internal changes for upcoming features
Version 2.3.1 - July 2014 Revision
This is the July 2014 Revision of XAML Spy, released on July 13, 2014.
- Fixed a DuplicateKeyException when exploring WinRT apps
Version 2.3.0 - July 2014 Update
This is the July 2014 Update of XAML Spy, released on July 11, 2014.
- Fixed the following WPF client issues;
- InvalidOperationException when window does not have a valid PresentationSource
- Added an advanced configuration setting for rendering visual cues in popup or adorner
- Hittesting now properly ignores hidden visuals
- Fixed a bug where XAML Spy incorrectly consumes KeyDown events
- Propertygrid now remembers last selected property
- Restructured contextmenu in XAML Spy standalone app
- Fixed a bug where elements are incorrectly identified as UIElement
- Extended XAML Spy Service error logging
- Upgraded to NLog v3
Version 2.2.0 - May 2014 Update
This is the May 2014 Update of XAML Spy, released on May 14, 2014.
- Added new XAML Spy Properties toolwindow to Visual Studio with support for property filter (learn more)
- Added support for Windows Phone 8.1 LocalCacheFolder
- Added a new XAML Spy Browser settings page with internet options and advanced spy settings
- Fixed a bug in XAML Spy Browser when XAP package require authentication
- Added configurable generate XAML source code line info setting
- MSBuild task DecorateXaml emits warning when no xaml files found in project with XAML Spy enabled
- Exceptions raised in Object.Equals implementations in XAML appdomains are now properly handled
Version 2.1.0 - April 2014 Update
This is the April 2014 Update of XAML Spy, released on April 2, 2014.
- Added support for Windows Phone 8.1 SDK (learn more)
- Added visual cues improvements (learn more)
- Fixed a bug where exceptions for entering invalid property grid values are not shown
- Fixed a bug where significant whitespace in TextBlock elements is not preserved when enabling XAML Spy
- Fixed unhandled exception for attached properties defined on generic types
- Fixed a bug where an implicit Grid style with Transparent background makes the app unresponsive
- Fixed a property grid bug where ctrl-c and backspace won't work in external XAML Spy app
- Fixed an installer bug preventing XAML Spy from installing on Windows Vista
- Fixed a BadImageFormatException when referencing non-IL libraries in a Windows Store project (learn more)
- A build warning is issued when AllowLocalNetworkLoopback is false for Windows Store projects having XAML Spy enabled
- The XAML Spy Browser (for Silverlight apps) now supports IE compatibility mode set to IE8 or higher
- Firewall settings and XAML Spy configuration have remote debugging feature disabled by default
- Diagnostics logging vastly improved and enabled for XAML Spy for Visual Studio
Version 2.0.6 - February 2014 Update
This is the February 2014 Update of XAML Spy, released on February 3, 2014.
- Standalone version of XAML Spy now available, enabling XAML Spy usage outside Visual Studio (learn more)
- Fixed a bug where propertygrid load errors are silently ignored
- License and config changes are now properly handled by all connected XAML Spy instances
Version 2.0.5 - January 2014 Update
This is the January 2014 Update of XAML Spy for Visual Studio, released on January 6, 2014.
- Added support for XAML apps without access to source code
- New Add App option for connecting XAML apps
- New Show All Apps option providing access to installed apps (learn more)
- New Manage XAML Spy for Solution contextmenu option, enabling XAML Spy for multiple projects at once (learn more)
- Added support for inspecting package and storage of installed apps
- Added configurable build configuration
Version 2.0.4 - November 2013 Update
This is the November 2013 Update of XAML Spy for Visual Studio, released on November 5, 2013.
- Fixed a connection issue for WP8 apps. In certain scenarios XAML Spy disconnected on app start
Version 2.0.3 - RTM
XAML Spy for Visual Studio RTM, released on October 24, 2013.
- Enabled XAML Spy Express, the free edition (learn more)
- Added configurable highlight shape
- Added 'select templated parent' option
- Removed beta label
Version 2.0.2 - [beta]
Beta 2 of XAML Spy 2, released on October 14, 2013.
- Added support for SL 5.1.20913.0
- Improved support for UI Automation
- Licensing model implemented
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements
Version 2.0.1 - [beta]
Beta release of XAML Spy 2.
- Fixed a bug where an incorrect project is selected in the solution explorer when enabling/disabling XAML Spy
Version 2.0.0 - [beta]
This is the initial beta release of XAML Spy 2 with support for Visual Studio 2012 and 2013. This beta version was released on October 2, 2013.